Agricultural Engineer – Somerset
We are looking for a great Agricultural Engineer to join our new Depot in South Petherton, Somerset. The role will entail mainly servicing and maintaining farm equipment. You will be responsible for making sure machinery and equipment run smoothly and provide excellent customer service thereby maximising customer retention and increase profitability.
This role includes the following key priorities:
- Servicing and repairing machinery and equipment, either in the workshop or during field visits.
- Fixing faults or installing replacement parts.
- Compliance with manufacturers’ service and warranty procedures.
- Account for all hours worked using timesheet or scanner, as applicable.
- Keep the Management informed of progress.
- Maintain work area and company vehicle in a safe, tidy and professional manner, necessary to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Employees must act in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices.
- Good mechanical knowledge of any vehicle or machinery would be ideal and experience in the agricultural sector would be a bonus but not essential as full training is available.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- An awareness of health and safety.
- A full driver’s licence is essential.
There may be times that you are asked to carry out tasks not shown in the job description above.
Due to the nature of this role travelling is required in order to carry out your role effectively.