Parts Advisor/Parts Manager
We are looking for a great Agricultural Parts Person to join our new Depot in the Cullompton/Tiverton area. This vacancy is for a Parts Advisor or, dependant on experience and qualifications, there is a possibility of a Managerial role. The successful applicant will deal with all aspects of the Parts Department providing excellent service to our customers and suppliers.
This role includes the following key priorities:
- Dealing with incoming telephone enquiries to the parts department
- Serving parts customers in the shop
- Upselling and maximising all sales opportunities
- Loading and unloading of stock arriving or leaving the depot and maintaining clean and tidy workspaces throughout the depot
- Ordering parts for customers
- Ordering parts for stock as agreed and signed off by the Manager
- Handling customer enquiries for Horticultural sales
- Picking and packing stock and dealing with receipts of items for customers and for stock
- Advising customers when their stock has been received and is ready for collection
- Providing parts assistance to the service department
- Submitting returns claims in a timely manner
- Maintaining good discipline and organisation of the department and its place within the depot in a tidy, organised, safe and clean manner
- Providing administrative support to the parts department including raising invoices and booking in stock
- Keeping control of stock levels by implementing perpetual inventory management procedure
- Investigating and implementing methods of dispersing aged stock in conjunction with the Manager
- Draw on aged stock from other depots when the situation presents itself
- General assistance to the Manager as required
- Employees must act in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices
- Good knowledge of parts and machinery in the agricultural, construction and horticultural sector
- Good IT skills including Ibcos Gold although training will be given.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and to a high degree of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- An enthusiastic, organised and flexible individual who enjoys a varied role and can work well under pressure
- A current driver’s licence would be preferable though not essential
There may be times that you are asked to carry out tasks not shown in the job description above.
Application deadline: 19/04/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please email [email protected] with your CV and covering letter.