We are looking for a great Plant and Construction Engineer to join our growing Construction department.
C&O Tractors is a successful, family-owned business and our ongoing growth within the Construction Industry means we are looking for technicians to join our aftersales team at our Blandford depot.
If you are a dedicated, self-motivated and highly skilled engineer with a passion for construction machinery, or if you have experience as a service engineer or technician in another industry and are looking for a change of direction, then we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of hydraulic systems and electronics, being capable of diagnosing faults and performing repairs to a high standard.
- Capable of working alone but also part of a bigger team.
- Have previous experience of PDI and machine building, scheduled maintenance and be confident enough to demonstrate machinery to customers.
- You must hold a current driving licence and be prepared to work on customers sites, completing paperwork to aide efficient administration and invoicing.
Main Responsibilities for the role involve:
- Servicing and repairing machinery and equipment, either in the workshop or during field visits.
- Fixing faults or installing replacement parts.
- Compliance with manufacturers’ service and warranty procedures.
- Account for all hours worked using timesheet or scanner, as applicable.
- Keep the Management informed of progress.
- Maintain work area and company vehicle in a safe, tidy and professional manner, necessary to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Employees must act in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices.
- Good mechanical knowledge of any vehicle or machinery would be ideal and experience in the Construction sector would be a bonus but not essential as full training is available.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- An awareness of health and safety.
- A full driver’s licence is essential.
There may be times that you are asked to carry out tasks not shown in the job description above.
Due to the nature of this role travelling is required in order to carry out your role effectively.
An excellent package offering a competitive salary, company vehicle and extensive training awaits the successful candidate, so if you are up for the challenge and want to join our growing team, then please get in touch and send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]